Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36

Thread: " OHH MY GOD I CAN'T STOP CRYING "

  1. #21
    4Jettheads
    Guest 4Jettheads's Avatar

    Post

    Almarockstar-I did a little checking around on your Marshall. It's a good amp overall, but does have a couple set-backs. They all do at some point. The 150 has a tendency for the tube/tubes to wear out after about 6 months (might check on that) and the clear channel has a less than stellar gain. Also, you can't mix the effects with "satellite" pedals for distortion. As in, if'n ya use the effects from the amp, you're gonna have problems if you try to add to 'em. Hope that helps identify any problems ya might be having. That's a pretty good amp you have. I've got an older Marshall too from the 70's with 50 watts to twin cones and I love it. It'll keep up with any set of skins w/o being muffled by the backbeat. I'm still kind of a novice at this. I just started playing electric a couple years ago, but try to learn as much as I can. When other people are reading their evening paper and watching those fool "Reality" shows on TV, I'm reading and studying music as much as possible. It fascinates me to all the mathematical combinations. Didja know there are multiple piano and violin concertos written for people with only one hand ? Okay, I'm outta here. Gotta go check out the land of Jett.

  2. #22
    famveronica
    Guest famveronica's Avatar

    Cool

    Hi Farmer Yes sometimes i go over to check out the land of the Jett's, but it's all so quiet there......... Nothing happens over there in the boards... Kinda boring.. And you have now becomed a Cherie head lol.........
    Well this is the happening board farmer..
    Gotta get some sleep. You are in my toughts...
    PS.
    do you ever on the forbidden zone ???

  3. #23
    4Jettheads
    Guest 4Jettheads's Avatar

    Post

    Ronnie Blue-eyes, we have more than one message board for JJ. We made one a few years ago called the Jettstream. You can bring it up under Yahoo Groups. We've got scads of photos and stuff on there. Joan's official board is from time to time pretty quiet. It's kinda that time of year right now. It picks up as the weather gets nastier and people stay inside more. Speaking of which, I watched the Red Sox/Yankees game last night(what a cliffhanger, eh ?) and it looked pretty cold in Fenway park. Brrrr ! This was kind of a fluke. Means a per chance thing. I ran into the new link for Cherie looking for Joan stuff and, well, here I am. Besides, some of the people on JJ's board get a little tiring at times to be polite. They get to serious over trivial matters. I'm here to rock out and enjoy life. So, what kinda red wine didja have in mind ?

  4. #24
    famveronica
    Guest famveronica's Avatar
    [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] i just love you [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
    Something deep and red from Portugal please [img]graemlins/martini.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/martini.gif[/img]

  5. #25
    famveronica
    Guest famveronica's Avatar

    Hey im a classy lady.............. [img]graemlins/martini.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  6. #26
    4Jettheads
    Guest 4Jettheads's Avatar

    Post

    Portugal ? A woman after my own heart-Blackheart, that is. I'll hafta check around on that. I'm not a big wine drinker, so I gotta go see what the better vintages are. I'm hoping for something a little more tactful than I just screwed off the plastic top. Be right back.

  7. #27
    4Jettheads
    Guest 4Jettheads's Avatar

    Post

    Here are some choices for ya based on what I saw on your pics.

    RED Wines
    Reguengos has blackberry flavors, is rich and medium bodied. It's dry and makes a good quaffing wine.

    Vinha Nova is a smooth fruity wine with grape flavors and has a merlot/gamay taste. It's a good wine to serve with grilled, garlicky foods.

    A link to some other vintage Portugese reds:
    http://www.portuguesewine.com/redwine.asp

    Ronnie Blue-eyes, do you have any idea how hard you are to shop for ? This is gonna be a challege for Jettmas. Most of these wines are imported and in very limited supply in the US. I've tracked a couple bottles to a supplier in Louisiana. Man, you're an expensive chick. How 'bout a nice cold bottle of Thunderbird for $1.29 from the local Quickie Mart? Vintage about yesterday morning from somebody's basement. You got classy taste in vino.

  8. #28
    4Jettheads
    Guest 4Jettheads's Avatar

    Post

    With expensive taste [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

  9. #29
    famveronica
    Guest famveronica's Avatar

    Post

    Hi Farmerboy !!!!!!! God i like calling you that [img]smile.gif[/img] ))
    I got the book now, and let me add it's beautiful with allot of beautiful pictures. You will love it.. Saturday i will buy myself a gettoblaster and make you a nice and funny tape. With the radio dj from Norway ME [img]frown.gif[/img]
    O that's gonna be so much fun, i can't waith...
    I will send you the [img]graemlins/present.gif[/img] on monday dear...
    [img]graemlins/asl.gif[/img]

  10. #30
    Inactive Member almarockstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Iowa Farmboy:
    Almarockstar-I did a little checking around on your Marshall. It's a good amp overall, but does have a couple set-backs. They all do at some point. The 150 has a tendency for the tube/tubes to wear out after about 6 months (might check on that) and the clear channel has a less than stellar gain. Also, you can't mix the effects with "satellite" pedals for distortion. As in, if'n ya use the effects from the amp, you're gonna have problems if you try to add to 'em. Hope that helps identify any problems ya might be having. That's a pretty good amp you have. I've got an older Marshall too from the 70's with 50 watts to twin cones and I love it. It'll keep up with any set of skins w/o being muffled by the backbeat. I'm still kind of a novice at this. I just started playing electric a couple years ago, but try to learn as much as I can. When other people are reading their evening paper and watching those fool "Reality" shows on TV, I'm reading and studying music as much as possible. It fascinates me to all the mathematical combinations. Didja know there are multiple piano and violin concertos written for people with only one hand ? Okay, I'm outta here. Gotta go check out the land of Jett.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey Farmerboy

    Thanks for the 411, man i f u only knew... I sold my Marshall, got $350 for it. I hated the Peavey the distortion sucked so i returned it and i missed my Marshall sooooo much i shelled out $780 for a brand new one. why am i so complicated!!!
    [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] .. Anyhow no biggie, deep down i really like the Marshall, u know, i run a Digitech Metal Master as my main distortion pedal and i use the amp's delay for solos with the distortion and it sounds pretty bitchin... About the Tubes i think ur right, that happened to me last time after 1 yr of heavy giging.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic